Want to dress for spring but still feeling the cold? We asked hush Founder & Creative Director, Mandy, for her layering tips and have scoured the internet for our favourite springtime layered looks.
Tips from Mandy:
“The key to not looking bulky is knowing your layers and where they go:
Base layer – the thinnest garment should be worn closest to your skin. Invest in good basics for this layer. Smooth vests and tees will keep your look sleek.
Middle layer – more room to play around here. Make sure the base layer is visible (collar, cuff or at the hemlime) so as not to kill the layering effect. Incorporate a variety of fabrics and textures in a single layered outfit to add interest and richness to the look
Top layer – reserve the thickest layer for the outside. This could be a long cardi, or a jacket, parka or coat.
Also, I tend to limit myself to three layers and usually stick to tonal colours (but don’t be afraid to throw in a bright colour if you feel like it!).”
Now let these street stylers show you how it’s done:
1. Layer a shirt and simple sweatshirt under a trench and team with wide leg trousers for a cool, androgynous look. We'd go for a grey marl sweatshirt to lighten up the outfit for spring.
2. Breton stripes are a sure win for spring but they look especially stylish with a denium jacket and white jeans... layer your stripy tee over a vest for extra warmth.
3. The trench, the boyfriend shirt half-tuck and boyfriend jeans = outfit perfection. A grey marl vest underneath will keep out the chill.
4. A splash of red looks great in spring, our summer cashmere v is made from a gorgeous cashmere that adds warmth but weighs nothing at all
5. We love this mix of stripes and texture; get your crochet jumper oversized for a similar look