One of the most surprising and unromantic gifts received by one of the hush team last year was a set of knives – turned out to be one of the most useful and finally appreciated presents admittedly but I’d still rather open a beautiful scented candle or a cashmere robe on Christmas morning.
We asked all the lovely ladies in hush HQ what they really want to find under their tree this year – Boys, pens (and wallets) at the ready….
1. Experiences – we like doing things together, a wine tasting course, tickets to see our favourite band, or a luxury spa day...
2. We LOVE cashmere anything cashmere is perfect …gloves, scarf’s, jumpers, blankets, hats…well maybe not hats – too head size reliant.
3. Jewellery – be careful here – we like simple, classic and pretty.
4. Avoid: practical gifts - we do not want a new iron, vacuum cleaner or kettle thank you nor do we wish to receive gifts you actually want but offer as a gift to us both!
5. Underwear is a tricky one but we adore cosy PJ’s or slinky silk robes and loungewear.
6. Small and thoughtful is also lovely – a really good book, a special hot chocolate we drank together in Chamonix, a framed photo will keep you in the good books until at least New Years Eve!