Woven Design Assistant
We are looking for a Woven Design Assistant to assist with all woven products, assuring samples are correct and quality checked, meeting deadlines for buy meetings and photoshoots.
You will also be responsible for coordinating all administration related to design and product specifications, ensuring they are delivered on time each season in accordance with the Critical Path.
- Assisting the Senior Woven Designer with design, development and production specifications.
- Setting up initial TP and managing if GT or PDs need to add information.
- Setting up new season folders and trackers.
- Researching trends by story, product category, colour and materials.
- Arranging supplier visits to the office.
- Handing over the Tech Packs to designated Product Developer and tracking their progress in accordance with the Critical Path.
- Distributing all samples related to Design (protos) and Garment Technicians (PP and SS).
- Attending weekly meetings with the Senior Designer for catch ups, priorities and feed backs.
- Assisting the Senior designer in preparing for weekly meetings to present range and ideas to the Head of Design, as well helping to prepare meetings to present styles by drop to the Creative Director.
- Preparing the room for each line meeting as per style stories and drops.
- Preparing the room for each buy meeting as per product category and drop.
- Creating the sketch range with correct colours and prints.
- Overseeing fittings and helping the Senior Designer from first proto to seal sample.
- Managing photo shoot samples, keeping them organised by drop and product category.
- Using PLM software to manage the creation and communication of tech packs, as well as requesting and chasing samples inline with the Critical Path.
- Organising and managing samples in the sample storage room.
- Volunteering for hush events (pop ins; sample sale, etc) when workload allows.
The successful candidate will be a strong team player, exceptionally organised with the ability to prioritise daily workloads. They will be able to react quickly and solve potential problems, and be confident about escalating issues where product of delivery will be compromised, or dates in jeopardy. A proactive attitude with strong attention to detail, and the ability to demonstrate brand awareness are an absolute must.
To apply, email email@example.com with an up-to-date CV & covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.