Please see below for our current vacancies. To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job role you are applying for in the subject line.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Footwear & Accessories Designer to join our design team.Job Role:
You will be responsible for the design and development of seasonal accessories and footwear collections from initial concept to final execution of styles. You will be required to support and drive the development process encompassing sample management, design aesthetic, quality, margin requirement and timeline, while working closely with our product development team, technical team, buyers, and merchandisers. You will manage and report on developments with regard to production timing, product quality and deliveries. You must have the ability to manage multiple priorities, anticipate demand, communicate product status accurately, and maintain high level of operational transparency and accountability.Main responsibilities and duties:
• Manage the development of the Footwear and Handbag collection from concept through to sealed samples in accordance with the critical path maintaining all timelines by drop.
• Research trends by story; product category; colour and materials.
• Analyze best and worst sellers for updates and continuity styles.
• Work closely with product development team to deliver a cohesive range in line with the plan/budget set by merchandising to develop product in line with the target prices, quality and delivery objectives set out in the range plan.
• Work closely with other Designers to ensure collection is cohesive with other products, stories and themes.
• Create, plan, sketch, develop and maintain Design Range Plan by drop.
• Set up initial tech packs ensuring all information from the tech and product development are added into each pack before sending out to suppliers.
• Troubleshoot any challenges regarding cost, MOQ and deliveries and work together with relevant teams to agree a commercial outcome to any unexpected issues; ensure outcome is communicated effectively.
• Source and propose Leather, Fabric and Trims in line with quality standards ensuring that all materials meet business performance and aftercare standards.
• Use PLM software to manage the creation and communication of tech packs, as well as request and chase in samples in line with critical path.
• Attend all fit meetings of first to sealed proto samples to ensure styles reflects expectations, quality, construction, correct fit and look.
• Approve lab dips and strike offs.
• Review supplier performance at the end of each season with Design Director and Technical team to develop supplier’s strategy for forthcoming season.
• Analyse weekly sales and customers reviews to be discussed with the accessories design assistant.
• Attend relevant supplier visits with product development team to record all developments put into work.
• Manage the Accessories Design Assistant overseeing that all their tasks are completed correctly and efficiently.
• Attend weekly meetings with the Design Director for updates, catch ups ideas, styles and range proposal presentation.
• Attend to assigned range, ideas, styles presentation to the Design Director.
• Prepare styles/stories presentation by drop for line meetings for the design room team.
• Prepare product category by drop for each buy meeting.To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
hush is a fast-growing fashion and lifestyle brand, founded 15 years ago by our Australian creative director and is now established as one of the UK’s leading online retailers. We employ over 100 staff in our head office and 33 John Lewis concessions, creating and selling a beautiful range of women’s clothing and accessories that are characterised by an elegant simplicity and laidback sense of style. Despite the challenges to the retail industry over the past months, hush has continued grow and with recent business investment we are in a strong position to recruit. Our company culture still reflects our entrepreneurial roots and relaxed aesthetic – we love hard-working and talented people with a can-do attitude and a passion for what they do. So, if that’s you and you want to be part of our exciting journey, please get in touch!The Role:
SEO is a massive priority for hush. It has seen vast improvements in both organic traffic & revenue in the last year and we’re just getting started… Since switching off paid brand ads and replatforming the website, organic search is now the largest revenue driving channel for the online shop – making up a significant part of the traffic and revenue mix. We are looking for a talented and experienced SEO Manager to join our team and continue this growth trajectory. Ideally the candidate will be technically led in SEO, with a proven track record and a real passion for search.Responsibilities include:
• On-site optimisation: this will be the key priority for driving future growth, you will be working with both the Digital and Editorial teams to enhance the relevancy of the hush website – focusing on a long tail keyword strategy.
• Champion SEO best practise: In the first 3 months around 20% of your resource will be spent sharing best practises with the digital & marketing team to ensure SEO is at the heart of all website changes.
• Technical Audits: work closely with the digital team & development agency to ensure each monthly release is inline with Google’s recommendations and does not negatively impact the website’s crawlability & page indexation.
• Reporting: You will be monitoring the important SEO metrics that allow us to gauge a true picture of hush’s visibility across brand and generics, whilst also regularly assessing website performance.
• Future proofing: the majority of (BAU) SEO resource will be in house, but you will work with a market leading external consultant to ensure hush is best in class & always working on the latest recommendations.
• Search Trend Analysis: Support business strategy by sharing valuable insights gained from keyword research – you influence all aspects of the company from product naming, assortment, and launch timings to marketing opportunities and future trends.About you:
• 5-10 years of experience in SEO.
• In-depth understanding of best practise website technical framework.
• Proficient in relevant tools (e.g. Search Console, MOZ, Keyword Planner) and web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics).
• Excellent communication skills – it is important to be able to explain SEO in layman’s terms to individuals with varying knowledge of the channel.
• Previous experience in PPC interplay and understating of the paid channels.
• Passion for both SEO & the hush brand, understand the important balance of aesthetics and search optimisation.
• An exceptional work ethic - we have high ambitions for organic search, it is important to not only have excellent knowledge of SEO but also be able to translate this into results.
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary, generous staff discounts of 55%, sample sales as well as the opportunity to develop a career, attend relevant conferences & training courses whilst working in a fast-paced but fun environment!To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org